First and foremost, the STAFF takes its responsibility to provide for the safety and welfare of all Campers very seriously. In fact, because it is our #1 priority, the Camp Rules listed below are the direct result of over three decades of experience in successful camp administration. Though we rarely have problems, campers who repeatedly fail to follow the rules will be sent home immediately. Please take a moment to review the Camp Rules with your camper prior to camp.
Thanks so much. Let's have fun and let's get better!
- 1.Cell phone usage is prohibited during camp activities. Cell phones may be used at the dorms, at meals and break time, prior to lights out. Campers are solely responsible for cell phones.
- 2.Campers are to attend all instructional sessions, team practices and team games on time.
- 3.Campers must listen to all staff, and be courteous and respectful at all times.
- 4.Always travel with your team and coach when moving from one activity to the next.
- 5.No playing basketball or dribbling on the outdoor courts during our morning session/breakfast as there are other camps as well as students living on campus and out of respect we will not dribble or play prior to the lunch hour break.
- 6.NO ONE may leave the University campus unless they are released as commuters or they have permission from the camp or housing director. No camper should leave the general vicinity of the assigned dorm building.
- 7.Once you are at the dorm for the night, you may not leave!
- 8.NO illegal substances or alcoholic beverages shall be possessed nor consumed.
- 9.NO ONE may ride in a vehicle on the campus at any time unless injured.
- 10.Campers should not walk back to the dorms in the evening without a coach. High school campers may travel with a buddy.
- 11.Campers with cars must turn their keys into the camp director.
- 12.Failure to abide by the camp regulations will result in dismissal from the camp and the forfeit of all investments.
Camper Dorm Responsibilities
- 1.All campers are to be showered and in their rooms for bed check by 10:30 PM. Lights out- electronics off by 11:00 PM. The dorm showers are stalls with curtains. You may want to inform your camper that this is not a private bathroom and shared with hall-mates. Flip-flops are good to wear in the community shower too!
- 2.Once registration is complete, parents/visitors are not allowed inside of the assigned dorm building. All visits must take place in the dorm entry or right outside of the dorm building.
- 3.Respect of your own space as well as shared space with both your roommate(s) as well as shared community space is essential to the success of camp. Keeping your own space neat and clean is part of the camp experience.
- 4.Security: we have a Security Guard on duty all night who patrols the exterior of our dorm. The University also provides a company that performs hourly dorm checks to manage outside distractions.
- 5.Absolutely NO FEMALE visitation at any time.
- 6.Dismissal will result from conduct that we deem inappropriate. We will contact parents and get the individual removed as soon as possible.
- 7.The staff will go over rules and regulations for the dorm. Make sure all rooms and floors are reasonably clean.
- 8.Wake-up will be at 7:00 AM by assigned floor counselors. Campers have until Roll Call at 8:30 am to get their breakfast and get ready for camp activities.
- 9.Windows are to be closed in the evenings… ALL LEVELS... small fans are encouraged.
- 10. Do not change rooms without approval from Housing Director.
- 11.Room furniture is not to be moved. Fire Marshall inspections mandated codes are followed to the letter.
Meal / Dining Hall Expectations
- 1.Absolutely no horseplay
- 2.We want you to enjoy your meal, but don’t take more than you can eat.
- 3.Trays must be taken to designated area after each meal and should not be left on the dining table.
- 4.Campers must wear shoes in the cafeteria.
- 5.Wait patiently in the line. Campers who take cuts will be moved to the end of the lines.
- 6.Be courteous to the cafeteria personnel.
- 7.Keep noise down in the cafeteria.
- 8.For day camp, campers are not allowed to leave Maples.
- 9.No running in the bleachers, hanging on railing, or climbing bleachers.